Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Library Books

When Fall rolls around, fashion can turn to academia. No, I am not talking about rolling to class in your sweatpants. I am talking about the preppy looks that brands like Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and J. Crew can turn out. Even though I don't go to school anymore, I can still feel the anticipation in the air come September as it always signals new clothes and new beginnings.
 
This book print shirtdress was a focal in Tommy Hilfiger's Fall ads. When something is featured like this, it is instantly popular when it hits the racks. I loved the quirkiness of this dress instantly.
 
In my true bargain hunting fashion, I compared the deals/sales/coupons on both the Tommy Hilfiger site (where it is currently sold out) as well as Macy's (the only other site I could find this dress on). I hate having to order something without trying it on first, so I was glad my local Macy's got this dress in. Knowing what size I needed, I just kept waiting. The frustrating thing with Macy's, is that their online prices do not match what is in store. The majority of the time, you are going to get a better deal in store. Such as this case...... the dress is still marked $89.50 online. In store though, it is $44.75 (half off) and I had a coupon for $10 off a purchase of $30. That brought it down to $34.75, a nice price for a dress in my book (no pun intended)! Moral of the story? Do your homework for the best deals.
 
My only beef with shirtdresses..... is when you sit down and the buttons pull, making you always worry about your modesty. I contemplated a solution to this today that I might try: have the bottom half of the dress sewn together so this doesn't happen.
 
I so enjoyed having pictures taken in my local library as well. In today's age of digital technology, I still prefer good ole fashioned books! I utilize my library ALL THE TIME - it is my tax dollars after all. We all love to read in this family!
 
Boots - Kohl's (last year)
Brown Tights - anywhere!
Necklace - The Limited (years ago)
My Grandpa's Vintage Watch






1 comment:

Emily said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

awesome dress Heather! we are so lucky to have such an awesome library here in Battle Creek! I didn't even need to look closely to recognize those shelves and which aisles they were. :D