Thursday, February 7, 2013

50 Shades of Brown

The studio is done!!! Besides some finishing touches.... I promise I will take you on a tour very soon. I haven't had time to fully enjoy it myself, as we jumped right into refreshing our living room. It had not been painted in the 10 years we've lived here, so a fresh coat on the walls and ceiling was needed. AND, since there is now new woodwork in the studio, and the dining room got new woodwork several years ago, we decided to also do the living room so everything matched. Might as well while we are in this mindset, right? It's not like there's anything else much to do in the dead of winter.....
It's funny how we are gravitating back towards browns, tans, creams, etc..... When we first moved in, we couldn't wait to inject COLOR! The first 3 rooms we initially did (this sunroom/studio included) all had floral wallpaper. And they promptly got painted pumpkin orange, mustard yellow, and a faux finish. I had to admit I am enjoying the neutrals, and part of our motivation is thoughts of selling.
I cannot even begin to tell you how many shades of paints and stains I have looked at over the past few months! Trying to match what we already have. And this outfit was no different....
 feather maxi skirt - Nicole Richie for Impulse c/o Macy's
ombre sweater - Apt 9 c/o Kohl's
quadrivium belt c/o Anthropologie
boots c/o Zulily

1 comment:

Erika said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

om gosh I love it it is so pretty!! And of course you make it look pretty as well :)
Thanks for sharing, I'm bad & have not read any of your posts for awhile-sorry!
~Erika