Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Clothes Mentor

This year, I found a "new to me" consignment shop chain called Clothes Mentor. I don't get there that often, but a found a few good pieces last week at the one near me. And then I found out you could shop ALL of their locations online! Each store location selects the pieces they want to put online, so I was thrilled to find yet another secondhand site to search my favorite brands across the US. Of course I selected "Anthropologie" as a brand to search on the site, and up popped this Eva Franco skirt! I actually owned the dress version of this cool shoe print in 2014. You can read the post about that dress HERE....... about how I saw it on The Carrie Diaries, found it on Amazon for under $100, and then a few weeks later Anthro carried it for $348 which cemented my thoughts that I can predict the future and should be a buyer for Anthro (I kid.... sort of). I loved that dress, but as I got deeper into motherhood I realized a mini dress with a bustier top and a wild print wasn't getting worn much. Knowing it was a rare piece, I sold it. So when I saw the skirt again on the Clothes Mentor site - and for $12!!!!!!! - I knew it was meant to come back to me. I definitely want to play with color combos again, but for some quick photos during this busy holiday week I did what was quickest for me - black tights and top. The necklace is one I wore with the dress back in 2014 (a rhinestone necklace I DIY'ed with nailpolish).


 

No comments: