Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Amazon Nightgown

I'm not a huge Amazon shopper, but I know many items/products have such a cult following that they become their own hashtags. For instance, this Winter I was intrigued by the #amazoncoat (Orolay Woman's Thickened Down Jacket) but it didn't fit me quite right. A few weeks ago, I ran across an article about the #amazonnightgown. Once I looked at it, I realized I had certainly seen these "dresses" from time to time on Instagram and wondered why they hadn't caught my attention before. They totally fit my boho/hippie style. Wait, are those some peacock prints? And, these prints and style really remind me of Spell & The Gypsy pieces. The more I took a look at these $30 and under gowns, the more obsessed I became!
 
No stranger to loving Spell & The Gypsy, but not loving the high prices, I recently posted about this copycat kimono I got at Marshalls/TJ Maxx and here is a dress I got on Zulily a few years ago. This Amazon style is definitely based on a Spell dress, and many of the prints offered are Spell matches too. Marketed as a dress, it does resemble a housecoat. A mumu. A nightgown. A 70's flower child find. Call it what you will, but I LOVE it!!! And the best part? Aren't we all looking for comfy at home clothes for the foreseeable future? I don't know what could be better than a pretty "housecoat" that looks vintage! I should probably also mention that I am no stranger to raiding the sleepwear section to wear pretty nightgowns as dresses anyway (see evidence here and here).
 
Read reviews before buying (the biggest complaint is these run small, especially in the chest), and check back for restocks if the print you like is not available. Both of the sellers below offer this dress in about 20 prints at any given time. I've also found some on eBay and Poshmark by looking up these two Amazon brands.
 
R. Vivimos option
R. Ylposha option
 
 I personally love the flowy look, but I've seen this belted. The chest placket has a seam right under the bust line which I think gives the definition I like anyway. There are two ties on the neckline, so you can wear it completely tied up, only one tied, or both untied (although I would prefer a tank underneath for that option). It is sooooo comfy on, and even though it is long sleeved the fabric is so light I think it will be cool even on a hot summer day. There is elastic at the cuffs, so you can push the sleeves up too if you want. This honestly is one of my favorite purchases of all time. Take a look at #amazonnightgown to see how cute everyone styles these, and before you know it you will be obsessed too!




 


No comments: