Thursday, January 16, 2020

Feathered Layers

 LuLaRoe is a brand I follow because they consistently come out with peacock prints. In taking a quick look of my blog history, I count about 20 pieces over the last 4 years. Now, some of those pieces have been weeded out in closet purges due to either being too similar to something else (I might have found the same print in colors that work better for me) or not the greatest fit. But overall, I reach for these items time and time again. It's been interesting to see the evolution of LLR as well. I remember going to physical pop up shops quite a bit in my area when it first became popular. Realizing how much work that is for the consultant (hauling your inventory and setting up somewhere), I don't really see those anymore. And I can see why consultants can get overwhelmed with how quickly they launch new styles. I honestly can't even keep track and in my case I am usually only looking for a very specific item so I'm probably not the best customer. Case in point, when I am looking for something I usually don't have time to wait until a certain day/time for parties or photos to be loaded. Or to then look through hundreds of photos in hopes my size is there to purchase. Sometimes, the stars align and that works but usually I am off to eBay or Poshmark to search (which luckily, I am usually supporting a consultant there too).
The cardigan shown here is the "Caroline" style. It's very soft/cozy and has pockets. Keeping with my tried and true formula, I am wearing skinny jeans, a sleeveless shell, and a long necklace. I am probably going to jinx myself by saying this, but I've been able to get away with no sock footwear options quite a bit this season. It's been a dry and mild Winter so far.
Caroline Cardigan - LuLaRoe
Sonoma Shell - Kohl's
Mossimo Jeans, Sunglasses, Universal Thread Shoes - Target
Necklace - Anthropologie

No comments: