Friday, December 14, 2018

Downtown Murals

 This past Fall, the city of Jackson held a Bright Walls festival where artists from all over the world came to beautify downtown. Of course I've been dying to use these as backdrops for outfit photos, but I knew my outfit would have to be pretty simple to not compete against the patterns. What is more simple than jeans and a white shirt? Except, these jeans and white shirt do have special details!
I got these Gap embroidered jeans at TJ Maxx a few years ago, and I always feel like you should match the colors of the embroidery - in this case red, blue, green - or just white. These also have cute details like distressing, raw hem and split hem. 
This white blouse I actually got at Meijer! It reminded me so much of a flowy white Anthropologie blouse with it's peplum hi-lo hem. It also has cute pearl "cufflinks". I am not sure if Stacy London (of What Not to Wear) is still over the Massini line at Meijer, but there are some gems to be found there!
When I featured these jeans previously here, I am reminded that I wore a similar peplum hi-lo blouse with them that WAS from Anthro. It was a look worth repeating I guess! When I wear this blouse again, I think I'll dress it up with black jeggings and heels.
The company I work for sponsored this wall and one other, so of course I had to use it first!

I've posted pictures of the other murals below for eye candy, but then I also found this peacock art on the outskirts of downtown so I had to stop and take a pic. In a way, the back of this blouse is like a white peacock tail too!



 













No comments: