Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Bits & Pieces

The gem prints in my closet continue to evolve (you can jump to this post which will link to historical posts). The print alone on this skirt made me swoon, but then I saw that it was velvet, pleated, and a great length. In my teens I had a black velvet one piece swimsuit with a very similar print on it! I wish I still had it or at least had pictures of it...... it's was soooooooo 90's (in a good way)!
This skirt could definitely be holiday wear, and with the red & hearts it could even carry you through Valentine's Day! Everything I've paired it with is old and it got me to thinking that I really am a shopper who buys "bits & pieces". I've never really been one to go out in search of an entire outfit (top, bottom, jewelry, shoes) in one swoop. I love the challenge of mixing and matching new items with what I already have! In this case, I thought I was being rather boring going with traditional black tops and shoes rather than pulling another color out of the skirt. But then I had the idea to add a few vintage brooches that were my Grandma's. I really like how it came together! 
Tank - Motherhood Maternity (so yeah, 4+ years old)
Shrug Sweater - Casual Corner (how long have then been out of business?)
Pins - vintage from Grandma




No comments: