Friday, May 19, 2017

Treat Yo Self!

There was a time when I went through a phase of really being into designer bags. It was when I was first married and had my first "big girl" job. I remember owning Coach, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Dior, Kate Spade, etc..... Around that same time, I went to China on two different occasions and was overwhelmed by the markets there and all the knockoffs they had! As time went on, I outgrew the desire for fancy bags and luckily, they held their value and I was able to sell them all. It just goes to show that I've been into buying/selling/trading fashion goods for quite some time.
Lately though, function in my daily handbag has been more important to me. Of course, it still has to be something that I like the looks of. But it also has to be comfy/practical to carry on my shoulder and roomy enough for kid gear. Something that is washable, wipeable, durable. I often feel like I am not a typical fashion blogger because I don't change my purse daily to match my outfit. In fact, quite the opposite, my bag almost never matches what I am wearing. I touched on this a few posts ago, about feeling like my hair and makeup isn't 100% ever when compared to others (I can't link to my nail polish of lipstick color because I'm usually not wearing any). But I love being 100% real on here!
So for this post, I tried my best to match my new bag. My new Kate Spade bag which I splurged on. Hey, I deserve it! When I saw all of the new peacock collection, I was in awe. There were pieces I would have loved but knew they were out of reach. This bag was treating myself enough. It fits my lifestyle perfectly! It is a great size and I will be able to wipe it clean. This will be an investment piece for years to come.
Apt 9 Sweater (gift from hubby) - Kohl's
a.n.a. High Rise Flare Jeans - JC Penney
Necklace & Boots - Target
Sunglasses - TJ Maxx





No comments: