Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Meeting Kwazii

A few weeks ago, we took the kids to Sea Life Aquarium in Auburn Hills. We had already been there in the Spring, but when I saw an advertisement for a special event where you could train to be an Octonaut and meet some of the characters...... I was excited! Octonauts is a cartoon we all enjoy, and one of our favorite characters - Kwazii - was going to be there! 

If you've been following my blog for a while, you already know I am a "theme" dresser. It's not that hard since I love animal and whimsical prints. Of course I had some "aquatic" threads already, but I just so happened upon this dress the week leading up to our outing. Remember when I talked about Lilly Pulitzer's collaboration with Target this Spring? And how the only way I got a piece was from a resale shop in this post? Well, I had to go to the post office which is in the same "mall" as Target. There was quite a waiting line so I decided to run into Target to kill some time. It was my lucky day because this dress was hanging all by it's lonesome on a rack with other dresses.... someone must have returned it and there is was MONTHS after the sellout collection. It's was a size XS. Never in my life have I been an XS, but that just goes to show how large these items ran. It is snug through my tummy/hips which is the area I need to work on most. Seriously, if you saw me from the side you would think I am 5 months pregnant!

Anyway..... I got the dress and the rest is history. The print of starfish, urchins and sand dollars is so cute! When I wore the same outfit to work the following week, Richard was confused that morning and asked if we were going to the aquarium! 

Lilly Pulitzer for Target "Sea Urchin For You" Dress - Target
Gap Jean Jacket - consignment shop
Apt 9 Aviators - Kohl's
Belt off of another dress
"Val" Gladiator Low Wedge Sandals - Payless
Nautical Necklace - Lucky Brand (via eBay)





1 comment:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't believe you found that dress months later! Yay!

http://elementsofellis.com/