Monday, May 25, 2015

Whistlestop

Saturday was one of those "perfect days". It was one of those days where everything just went so well and you get the feeling like the stars are aligned just so to make it that way. I know everyone has a different idea of what their "perfect day" would be, but mine usually consists of similar things even if not all of them happen every single time:

gorgeous weather

getting out of the house with a few errands you need to do but no real "agenda" or strict schedule

finding some unexpected treasures during said errands

spending time with loved ones

nap (this is a rare one)

making a delicious meal

getting some projects done around the house (a.k.a. feeling somewhat in control of chaos)
 Jon was racing for the day, so the boys and I had the day to ourselves. Our first stop was to the train station downtown so I could take these blog pictures. I think it's going to be one of my favorite locations for pictures now! It's called Whistlestop so of course it makes me think of the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes", but you can read the real history here. I had taken pictures of 2 different days last week that, once I got home, I decided were not good enough to use so when pictures do work out it makes me really happy! Blogging really is a lot of time, dedication, and sometimes disappointment so that just shows how passionate I am to keep trying. And yes, I do feel just as comfortable running errands in a dress as I do jeans. I could live in dresses!
 Next, we walked to the barber shop to get Richard's haircut. Then we stopped at the few little resale shops in town. I found the coolest vintage globe on a stand. I'll be doing a post soon on my recent obsession with collecting globes, and this one is by far the biggest (it's about 3 feet tall) and this is the second globe I've found at this store.
 Then we went to the library which is something we do a lot of Saturday mornings. We found the most beautiful book about birds which of course had a peacock in it. We were the first people to rent it out. I will show it in an upcoming post as well.
Lunch at Panera and then getting a few groceries at Meijer.
 We came home and organized some things around the house and then once Daddy got home we made a nice dinner. I tend to remember days and moments like this, especially when I can be reminded of them when I look at the things I find on these days (like the globe).
 Gap Jean Jacket - Consignment Shop
 Seychelles Wedges - Anthropologie
 Apt 9 Aviators - Kohl's
Belt - taken off another dress


No comments: