Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Simple Details

I surprised myself when I was drawn to this dress. I am an print person.... a pattern person.... a too bold/colorful dresser for my own good person. If I am buying a plain piece of clothing, it is usually to go WITH something I just mentioned above. But this dress just looked so easy. Comfortable. Effortless. Seasonless. But it is not without special details. A basic dress is brought to new levels with lacy shoulders and a longer hem that cascades on the sides. 
 I didn't have to get too creative with the styling either, as I really liked how the model wore it with strappy sandals and a skinny belt. When it was colder I wore boots and a scarf with it.
 It also came in navy, and is by a brand I hadn't heard of until this dress : Gypsy05. But now I am a fan and I've seen some of their stuff at TJ Maxx. This dress is sold out online but you could probably still find it in store (I saw some navy ones at the Ann Arbor Anthro last week).
 Outfit Breakdown:
Tindaya Maxi Dress - Anthropologie
Seychelles Departure Wedges - Anthropologie (last summer - I wear these so much!)
Sunglasses & Belt - Kohl's



Linking up with The Pleated Poppy

2 comments:

fashchronicles said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your dress is so pretty, esp belted! Loving your wedges too :)

Found you via the WIWW linkup, let me know if you'd like to get connected on Twitter or Facebook!

xo,
Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

peacockfairy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Abigail CastroThank you Abigail!