Monday, August 5, 2013

Sails and Sales









This week, I thought I would try to do several posts capturing some awesome deals I have found lately. Even though I have a lot of clothes, I almost never buy anything at full price. I am always looking for sales, coupons, price adjustments, better deals, etc..... It is one of my greatest thrills to get a good deal on something. However, this often takes some time and research. But, I've learned to be pretty good at it.

For example, today's top is what I want to focus on here. I was at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago, and this chambray tee-like top caught my eye. My mid-thirties, now Anthroesque eye. I thought to myself, "That looks like a top I've seen at Anthropologie." The brand sounded familiar too (like one they carried). So out comes my smart phone (haven't even had this thing a year yet and I already wondered how I lived without it) and I promptly found it on Anthropologie's website as the Daydrifter Denim Tee. Yep, it's the exact same shirt! On Anthro's website, the brand is Bella Dahl. At TJ Maxx, it is labeled Cloth & Stone. A bit more internet research, and I found out the labels are in fact, one in the same. Anthropologie is still retailing this shirt for $78. TJ Maxx price? $29.99

When Anthro does put this top on sale, I am guessing it will either be $29.95 or $39.95. But, who wants to wait? Not me. Even though I recently took the chambray plunge, the previously shirt I bought is a long sleeved button up and a darker wash. This one is more of a t-shirt style, a lighter wash, and softer than you can ever imagine! I am finally starting to see what all the fuss was about chambray! It is going to go with so much in my closet, firstly a nautical themed skirt!

Leifnotes Sailaway Circle Skirt - Anthropologie ($148 now down to $39.95)
Bella Dahl Daydrifter Denim Tee - Anthropologie (via TJ Maxx)
Ship Necklace - Forever 21 ($5)
Gomex Sandals - Zulily (under $20 if I remember correctly)

TJ Maxx had a lot of different styles of chambray shirts by the Cloth & Stone brand. Head on over there to snap up your deal!

No comments: