Monday, September 10, 2012

My outfit: Chi Town

Part 1 of a two part post…….

Last week Thursday, my good friend (and co-worker) Kristen and I headed to a meeting on the outskirts of Chicago. Since our meeting ended after lunch, we planned to hit the city afterwards for whatever adventures it had to offer.
It did not disappoint!
We parked at one end of the Magnificent Mile, knowing that is where our night would end. At this end, we had easy access to the beach/lake and took a few shots. Here is my outfit breakdown:

The black and white striped dress seems to be a closet staple these days. I found the one I liked best at Kohl's (AB Studio).I liked the asymetrical hem and camel colored belt that came with it.



The iconic bubble necklace is popping up everywhere. I opted to get a sky blue one here. What I liked best about my purchase? I was supporting a new local business AND the necklaces were made in the USA.



Tote – Sak Roots Artist Circle Peace Print



Sunglasses – Vogue c/o TJ Maxx



My favorite black wedges (Unlisted “Web Page”) which surprised me and were pain free all day, although I had a back up pair of flats.



Black wrap watch c/o New York & Co.

A lot of thought goes into a trip to the city, especially when you have several different events planned. For instance, we were going to a business meeting in the morning, touring the city during the day, and then going to Fashion’s Night Out in the evening. You want to look professional and fashionable at the same time while also being comfortable and practical. Shoes are a big factor, as well as the handbag (needs to zip for security, big enough to carry stuff, but not too big, etc…). Also, for me personally, I wished I could have had a shower in between everything. The wind, dirt, etc.... did a number on my hair and face and no amount of touch ups were going to make me feel as good as just starting all over. But oh well, it was a blast despite feeling “wilted”!!!
After that, we took a bus all the way to the other end of the Magnificent Mile to take in Millennium Park. I had never been, but Kristen was glad to show me around. Starbucks in hand, she showed me her favorite new relaxing spot in the Lurie Garden that is a bit hidden – a calm pool of water to dip your feet into while you sit.
 























From there, we headed to Cloud Gate (aka “the bean”) and Crown Fountain.


Lastly, while on this side of town we decided to shop around the State Street area. Of course, we had to go in Anthropologie! Loving this window display because it featured a sweater I’ve had my eye on (which I tried on so I know what size I need when it hits sale). Plus, seeing it with red jeans (I just scored a pair for $3 at my local second hand store) made me even more excited!
Entering the mothership!
Urban Outfitters  and H & M were more of our favorite stops here. Tune in tomorrow to see the rest of our fashionable adventures!

No comments: