Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weekly Anthro Outfit

Here's the outfit I submitted to Effortless Anthropologie on Sunday:


Daughters of Liberation "Slackened Utility Jacket" - Anthro

Eggplant shell - Kohl's

Pleated Maxi Skirt - Elle @ Kohl's

Boots - JC Penney

Necklace - my own beaded creation

Funny story about the jacket...... I actually got it at TJ Maxx! When I saw it, I was immediately drawn to it's special details. The fabric was beautiful, as were the buttons and hardware. It's a bit of an asymmetrical lapel as you button it up. I've always had a thing for army green military jackets, and this was no different. It reminded me of something you would find at Anthro, and the label sounded familiar. When I got home, I looked it up online and sure enough, it was from Anthro! I read that it is very rare for TJ Maxx to get Anthro pieces, but it does happen from time to time. And here in my little city of Battle Creek? That's even rarer. Getting a $138 jacket for $24.99? That is a great feeling!

No comments: