Thursday, April 12, 2012

Snowflake Necklace

In all of my daydreaming about Anthropologie lately, I was reminded again this week about a gorgeous necklace they once carried in 2008 - the Snowflake Necklace. Metal and crochet are what makes up the pretty little "snowflakes".

Here is the version I ran across this week while flipping through a Fire Mountain Gems catalog that came in the mail. This designer made "snowflakes" out of seed beads and also encorporated a filigree piece to tie it all together in the front. She was a finalist in a contest they were having, and rightfully so! Very detailed and gorgeous!



Here's the version I made (and posted about) back in 2008. I took an easier route and made my entire piece out of the filigree pieces. I still love this necklace, 4 years later. Statement necklaces like this look best on plain tops or dresses. They can really change the look of an outfit!

3 comments:

Cyndi J said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love statement necklaces! And your filigree version is great.

gelfling50 said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am hosting a book giveaway on my blog. Name of book is "MAKING WIRE & BEAD JEWELRY". This book was written by JANICE BERKEBILE & TRACY STANLEY and published by LARK CRAFTS. This book is newly released. It is 144 pages with 500 how-to-photos and just loaded with brilliant easy to follow projects.
Just go to the link below and follow directions to be eligible for this give away with free shipping included.

http://jaacquelinesjewels.blogspot.com/2012/05/thats-right-this-book-is-up-for-grabs.html

Thank you, good luck,Jacqueline Marchant

rohanrj said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I have to many thanks with the function you would manufactured with regard to generating this kind of brilliant document. snowflake necklace