Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peacock Find

It doesn't take much to excite me these days.... Yesterday, it was a trip to the grocery store - by myself - wahoo! And a stop at Starbucks along the way. I am easily distracted when I go shopping. And when you go to a mega store for your groceries, it is easy to get off track in the other departments like housewares and clothing. Which results in the fun comments when you get home, such as "That's all you got? You were gone so long." Yeah, ladies, it happens to all of us. But that's another story for another time.

Anyway, going grocery shopping on a Saturday is not ideal to me since the stores are so crowded. But lately, it's been the only time I can get there. I am already kicking myself as I pull into the crowded parking lot. I only need a few things so I want one of those smaller carts rather than maneuver a huge ass one through the isles of people. Of course, these small carts are elusive on a weekend. I checked both cart corrals with no luck. So, as I'm making my way to the back of the store I see a new section of items which include reusable plastic cups. I invested in a couple of these after having Richard because I was ttttthhhhhirrrsssty all. the. time. I had never been so thirsty in all my life from the hormone changes and breastfeeding. Now I tote one to work from time to time, usually filled with tea. Since these type of cups have come out, I am always looking for peacock ones. Because come on, they have every other type of print out there. I scanned the shelves and as soon as I spotted the feathers, my heart skipped. Hoorah! I bought 2 of them and as silly as it sounds, they brightened my otherwise dull shopping trip. They are waiting on the counter for tomorrow morning, when I will fill one of them with something tasty from my Keurig. Probably my Tazo Zen tea.........

1 comment:

Erin Siegel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can totally relate to it all, Heather! To. it. all. Love the peacock cup! What a great find! It sure would have brighten my day as well. Whenever I see a peacock item, I think of you... :)