Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Ducky



While peacocks will always be my favorite, I do like all kinds of other birds including ducks. Jon often talks about one day having a home with a pond so that he can have ducks. Over the course of years that we've lived in this house, we do have duck visitors from time to time in our pool! And, we always enjoy a walk in the park to feed the ducks - this will really be fun when Richard is older!


Another fun fact is that we often tease each other when we "walk like a duck". Some people are more prone to let the front of their feet go more outward than their heel. I guess we are some of them, although I think it's improved over time with work on our postures and Jon actually going to a chiropractor. Anyway, a few years ago Anthropologie was selling mallard heels - deep green suede mary jane heels that had 3D duck heads on the toes. We both thought they were a riot, but I never ended up buying them. So, like a lot of things in my life, I end up searching for them with hopes to someday own them. I do most of this searching on eBay. I now know that they are by designer Chie Mihara. And while searching, I came across this duck skirt that was sold at Anthro in 2004. It's by Odille and it's official name is Dot Decoy. When I first saw it, I thought it was the ugliest thing...... but then...... it kinda grew on me. It's quirkiness and charm won me over so I kept on searching until an auction in my size eventually popped up. A true example of finding something while looking for something else.


I've paired it here with a dark green turtleneck from Kohl's, a colorful beaded necklace from Macy's, and, until I find the mallard heels these green patent leather mary jane's from Kenneth Cole will do just fine. I am no stranger to wearing "different" things in the corporate world. Especially when that corporate world is in a smallish city in Michigan. So now that I think about it, the mallard heels might be too much for some people. As it was, I got a few odd looks the day that I wore this. But the compliments out weighted them. The trick is, always be confident! Always dare to be different!

1 comment:

Lorelei Eurto said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i think that skirt is adorable! Looks great on you too! And that NECKLACE! wow! Its perfect for the outfit!

its funny, I walk a bit like a duck too! Was always picked on as a kid about it. I chalked it up to being a ballerina. :)