Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Latest Love

One of my dear friends introduced me to Matilda Jane clothing a couple of years ago. A connection through work led her to a consultant (or "trunk keeper") who sold it as it is a home party type company. I don't know too much about the history, but the home base is in Fort Wayne, Indiana (not that far from me). I believe the gal who started it sewed these funky clothes and sold them at art fairs. It got to be so big, she has her own company now! Love stories like that!

Anyway, my friend had been outfitting her and her daughter in the cutest things! So finally, I broke down and bought my first piece. What can I say, I am addicted now. The clothes are unique and comfortable. They truly symbolize to me an artful way of dressing. Their color and print combinations continue to surprise me and push me into being a bit more "daring" in my wardrobe. And they are perfect for pairing with fun jewelry!
The big ruffle pants pictured below (or as Jon calls them, my "clown pants") were so comfy for lounging around the house post-partum the past few months. I am really loving ruffles lately on anything though.

Maybe you already know about Matilda Jane? If not, maybe I have peaked your interest.......

No comments: