Sunday, July 17, 2011

A special "thank you"...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank my parents for all they do for us, and now for Richard. They came over while I was in labor and stayed at our house, doing laundry and making meals for us. My Mom came over again a few weeks later to ride with me to Bead & Button and then came back after the show to help me out for a few more days. We recently went to WI again over the 4th of July weekend and they made some great cookouts, love pitching in to help with the baby, and overall let us "take over" their house with all of our gear (which seems to be growing as our family grows)!

Most recently, I want to thank my Mom for something jewelry related she did for me. I usually participate in my Art Center's annual art fair which is in mid-June. However, this year it was cancelled due to some extensive construction in our downtown area near the park where it is held. Even with the birth of Richard, I was still planning to do the fair. But I must say when it was cancelled I felt a little bit relieved to not have that pressure the weekend after Bead & Button. The Art Center is actually going to have a sale right on site in August that I will do so I am anxious to see how that goes. Anyway, my Mom's company (in the heart of downtown Milwaukee) had a craft fair this past Thursday. She volunteered to take all of my jewelry and have a booth there. The nice thing about it is that they supply the table and chairs so we just had to pack up a few displays (nothing extensive) and the jewelry. It was for 2 hours during the workday and she sold 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets, and 2 pairs of earrings. Not bad, hun? She did this same setup for me a few years ago and my Grandma helps as well.

So THANK YOU Mom & Dad for all you do for us!!! We really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Prządka said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It is beautiful to show gratitude :)
And by the way: Richard is a charming baby. He has a beautiful smile. And your jewelry is lovely. Greetings from Poland.
P.s. Forgive my poor knowledge of English :)