Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday - Candles?

So technically, this is not my bead table but has to do with my bead table. I've recently begun a collection of peacock candles with the plan being that once they are all burned up, I will use the glass containers for storing beads! Probably the best thing will be to separate little projects into them. I think they are going to look great lining my desk! A couple of them have even come in matching boxes - bonus storage!

Instead of being in a container, this one is adorned with a brass peacock. Can you say instant pendant?

And here's a tip you may or may not know regarding candle wax. If you ever have a container you want to get the remaining wax out of, pop it in the freezer for a bit. The wax will shrink and it will come right out!


All candles found at Pier 1 with the exception of the one in the middle. That one was gifted to me by Erin Prais-Hintz.

2 comments:

SummersStudio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well how about that. I happen to have a couple votive style candles in a drawer waiting for a solution to get the wax out. So simple. I think your bead storage idea is perfect!

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow! That is a collection! I just had to buy that for you when I saw it. I didn't know there were so many peacock things out there, until you start looking. Love this idea. I have bowls all around my table with little remnants and bits for future use. I think that this will be so smart. And that pendant for the candle is too cool!
Enjoy the day, Miss Peacock!
Erin