Saturday, May 28, 2011

Postpartum Creating

This necklace is the one piece of jewelry I've made since becoming a Mom. And actually, I had all the beads pulled together in a burst of inspiration the day before we went to the hospital so it was fairly easy to come back to it. I framed this little butterfly image I had in a glass locket, and the beads are wood rounds, painted wood disks, and ceramic cubes.

Finding balance in this new life can be challenging at times. But, I am giving myself permission to take it slow. I guess, just like the butterfly represents, it will be a metamorphosis of sorts. But it's an experience I am so glad to be having!

2 comments:

Isabel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That is very pretty...do you find a change in your aesthetic after giving birth? ( I have no kids of my own but I have heard that it can change really random things about you and your personality)

Beth Hikes said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

love the joyful colors! enjoy the process of finding your balance :)