Monday, May 9, 2011

Last Minute

Every day, I wonder "will today be the day"? I guess we've felt like this for about 2 weeks now, ever since the doctor's appointment when they told me I was already this much thinned and this much dilated. I remember that evening, my husband was in sort of a panic putting together the last few baby things while I sat in the recliner with the foot bath and hot neck wrap he'd prepared (he really is the best)! After about 48 hours passed, I think we both realized that I could walk around in this "new condition" for a while yet. That was even further confirmed at last week's doctor appointment when I was all excited to hear some new "progress" and I was still the same as the week before.

So every day is a gift, so to speak, of time. Anticipation, waiting, and enjoying each other's company. How much more cleaning can I get done? Will I be able to run to Target after work? Will I be able to complete this jewelry design idea I have? The answer, for now, is yes.

I was so thrilled to see that Michael's is carrying some new items in the Industrial Chic line! I hope that collection is around to stay for a long time! I picked up this layered metal flower that I just love! In true Industrial Chic fashion, I used the very last drawer pull I had from an old desk we refurbished. The large bail on the pendant slid onto it perfectly. I used beads in the same bluish patina and fuchsia pink colors. I just love how the bright colors pop against the antique looking metals!
I also put together these earrings consisting of beaded beads (a variety of stone rounds woven together) and some metal tags.

I go to the doctor again tomorrow. Maybe I will get news of progress.......

5 comments:

SummersStudio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The drawer pull makes a beautiful compliment to the metal flower. Good luck with Dr's. It's all about waiting now till that wonderful baby is ready to make a grand entrance.

Beth Hikes said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh I hope today is the day! I'm so excited for you :)

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

That necklace with the drawer pull is fantastic. I love it! I am thinking of you, Heather! I am wishing you well and the presence to really enjoy (yes! I said enjoy!) every moment of the coming transformation when you meet your sweet babe for the first time!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

CraftyHope said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't think I could handle that kind of anticipation long. Wishing you all the best!

Now, I want to run to Michaels to see the new components...darn you.

AND, I adore the addition of the drawer pull in the necklace. Such awesomeness!

Lucid Moon Studio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are so creative when it comes to jewelry design! I would have never thought of using a drawer pull, yet it works perfectly. I love the new Industrial Chic items too, and that flower was one of my favorites. I bet the anticipation is killing you! Can't wait until "the day"!!