Saturday, December 12, 2009

Harpy's Home

You might remember a while back, I purchased a fun little kit from Art by Heather...... a kit of tiny wooden house charms to decorate as you desired. There were a total of 4 houses so I burned 2 and decoupaged 2. (One of the burned ones sold in my wood shop, so I have to list the other one). Now I am debuting the decoupaged ones, in completed jewelry. I used the vintage images and stamps that were provided in the kit, then used a good protective glaze over the entire piece. To put my own twist on the project, I drilled a hole into the base big enough for a pewter Green Girl Studios bird to "peek" out. I also added a brass perch. Now she can nestle in her funky home for the winter, hanging on a strand of pretty gems and ribbon! Now listed on Etsy.



No comments: