Monday, September 21, 2009

Peacock Strut

This past Saturday, I completed my second 5K - a race known as The Peacock Strut! It was the 25th annual event. Back in April when my good friend and I crazily signed up to start training for our first 5K in June, I saw this event and convinced her to do it with me too. I mean, how could I - The Peacock Fairy - not do the Peacock Strut? Back then, September seemed a far way off. Well, it was here before we knew it and we did not train for this one like we did for the one in June. But, I am happy to report that I pushed through and surprised myself. I really and truly admire people who run marathons!!! Whew! Here I am adjusting my number. Can you believe I found a peacock feather workout top??? I also pinned a peacock feather in my hair.

Here I am coming up to the finish line. It was a beautiful morning and the route was very scenic through a nice park. To keep myself going, I enjoyed the beauty around me and breathed in the fresh air that had a hint of Fall to it. I'll have to do some research and find out where the name of this event came from.

I developed a cold over the rest of the weekend so I am now suffering through that. I was still able to have a fun weekend though because my husband was home after being gone a week in Europe for work. The dogs and I really missed him. It was his birthday yesterday.


It is hard though, to get things done when you are under the weather. In the back of my mind, I was thinking about how Stringing magazine had put out their deadlines for the 2010 issues. When I double checked them yesterday, I saw the deadline to email photos for an early approval for the Spring issue was today! I do like that they have that feature. So, I rushed around yesterday to complete a necklace I had an idea for. I had to make a trip to Michaels, then photograph it and send it off. I sure hope they like it! I felt rushed and am now doubting myself, but I don't think I would have designed it any differently if I had more time. I'm just being hard on myself - we are our worst critics sometimes aren't we?

5 comments:

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hope you start feeling better. You look like a professional out there running.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I admire those who run marathons too. Amazing!
Feel well soon

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't run even if I am chased so I totally appreciate what it took to do this! Check out EtsyStalker today...there is a peacock necklace featured that of course made me think of you! Wishing you well...I went through that terrible head cold twice in one month! Finally feeling better...Enjoy the day! Erin

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Heather...I forgot to meantion this...did you see the cool vintage peacock Avon perfume bottle that Andrew Thornton is selling? I immediately thought of you! Check it out: http://andrewthornton.bigcartel.com/product/vintage-avon-bottle-sonnet-cologne-peacock

Enjoy the day! Erin

Lucid Moon Studio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I almost bought that peacock tank! I opted for the short sleeve solid top instead. The matching capris are SUPER comfy! Anyhow, congrats on your race, it looks like a beautiful course! Hope to see your necklace in Stringing magazine :)