Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Publications & Donations

Check out my "Near Nature" necklace in the Best of Stringing issue - on sale now!
Check out "Modern Dream Catcher" in the Fall issue of Stringing - on sale October 6th.

I couldn't be more excited and honored to be in these 2 magazines. I know I have previously mentioned that I often donate jewelry for silent auctions. The company I work for (Kellogg's) just held their silent auction today to benefit United Way. When I was first asked to donate a few weeks ago, I started thinking about what pieces to give. I had a few designs in mind but then it occurred to me how cool it would be to offer up my published pieces with copies of the magazines! But I knew it took quite a while to get my things back last time. I gave it a shot anyway - I wrote to the ever so nice Debbie at Interweave and explained my thoughts to her. She was more than helpful and was able to send my necklaces back on time! So I donated both of them along with this new necklace below!

4 comments:

SummersStudio said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a wonderful way to use your published pieces. And the new one is lovely too. It's good of you to contribute to fundraisers. BTW, Kellog, funded part of my graduate studies with fellowship money. I've always been grateful for that. And now it's even nicer to know that people like you are behind some of that philanthropy.

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I just got my piece back from Inteweave as well...it has been such a treat to open the pages and find such gorgeous work by my bloggy friends! I kept pointing out names to people and saying.."I know her! And her! And her, too!" Such beautiful pieces. I thought I would be in the fall issue...but found myself in the Best of instead! Woohoo! It felt like Christmas this week. What a gift. Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

congrats on your published pieces and what a wonderful idea of donating them for a worthy cause.

Sharon said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.