Monday, June 22, 2009

Smarter. Better. Faster. Stronger.

I only do one Art Fair a year - through the Art Center. I've tried other ones here and there with mixed results, but this one is very good to me. Each year, I get better and better at finding out what works and what doesn't work. How to pack things, how to display things, how to price things. It's a lot of work! Maybe I am unintentionally gearing up to enter into more in the future, but for now I am satisfied.

To back up a bit here, I had to go to Chicago for work on Thursday and Friday. The meetings I attended were great, but they always seem to fall on the days leading up to the Art Fair so I have to make sure I have everything in place before I leave. Also, my parents always come over from Wisconsin to visit for the weekend and help at the Fair. Terrible storms rolled through Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan both days and I worried all of my hard work would be a "washout". Saturday morning was cool and grey, looking like it could rain again but it didn't. It cleared up and it was a beautiful day!

Here is a picture of the first piece that sold. It's a newer piece and the pattern on the Lillypilly Designs shell pendant reminded me of these gear components I had. I love how it turned out!
Here is a pic of my Mom and I - she is always game to wear a peacock shirt while working the booth. We found these shirts on our way to Bead & Button a few weeks ago.My Dad and Jon made some great sales while us girls were at lunch.And Jon wore his peacock shirt with very little protest! I'm so lucky to have him!

My Mom has taken the remainder of my stock with her and is going to take it to her work. Since Jon and I are going to Wisconsin next weekend for vacation, I'll be able to assess what is left then. Overall though, I am very happy with how much I sold and all of the positive comments I received. My studio is a mess since I had to take about half of it with me (table, displays, etc...) so now seems a good time to organize. I just hope I can overcome some of the storage challenges I've been having. I have several ideas floating around but it will probably be a work in progress.

3 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad your show was a success! They can be addictive once you start making sales and making new friends.

Doreen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hooray! I'm so happy you had a good show!

pam ferrari said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Cute shirts! Looked like you all at fun!