Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Peony Posing

My friend Lisa messaged me late last week and asked if I had heard of this peony garden in Ann Arbor (Nichols Arboretum to be exact). I hadn't, but she wanted to know if we could arrange a visit there. We took Friday afternoon off at the last minute to lunch and explore! We have had a very, very cool and rainy season so this particular day actually looked like the weather was going to cooperate. Lisa has taken blog and family photos for me in the past, so she also suggested we include that and I racked my brain for an outfit that would be worthy of this garden. 
I think we were both amazed when we walked in, and the smell was so good! Peonies have always been one of my favorite flowers, and I really miss the 2 established bushes I had at my old house. I'd like to think that I'll have them again someday when I have more time to dedicate to our yard.
I've had this dress for a few years, but I have not blogged about it. Now I know why. It was waiting for this exact day! I feel bad that I can't link it to shop, but it is a sleeveless asymmetrical hem trapeze dress from the Vera Wang line at Kohl's. They have very similar styles/prints of this dress at all times though.
I am wearing all of my tried and true accessories: Target sunglasses, black belt, monogram necklace, Gap jean jacket (consignment find), Seychelles sandals.
I am so glad I got to experience this garden, and I will definitely be back now that I know about it! The peony garden is a very small portion of the entire property, and it looks like they are always having fun events there.




No comments: