Friday, May 17, 2019

Button Front Midi Dress

 Button front dresses and skirts are huge this year! If you go to any site like Gap, Loft or Anthropologie you will see that dresses like this are $70 and up! Yes, the discount retailers have them too but I was not impressed until I came upon these at....... Walmart! I've noticed that ALL discount retailers are stepping up their game over the years and Walmart is really taking advantage of partnering with some major social media influencers. Seeing some of my favorite bloggers share some cute stuff prompted me to head into Walmart.
 The dress is no longer online (unfortunately) but both Walmart locations near me had a good selection. *Updated: I am now finding links online!* The dress comes in chambray, white, blue/white stripe and multi stripe. I had first bought the chambray one because it is so classic and will go with so much, but then I couldn't stop thinking about the multi stripe so I went back for it. You can find this same multi stripe fabric in a shirt dress style, shift dress style, top and shorts!
 I guess I forgot to mention that these dresses are $22.88! What a steal. I am super impressed by the quality. I love the modest coverage on top - the straps are adjustable and the back has an elastic panel. They all come with their own coordinated sash belts, but I put my own brown one on here to personalize it a bit. And, pockets!!!
Belt : Kohl's
Gap Jean Jacket : Consignment Shop

 The other thing I love about this style of dress is that it works really well with the layering under trend. I don't typically go sleeveless in the office, so popping a tee under these dresses is a great alternative to a jacket or sweater. You can already tell the styling ideas are endless with these!
White Tee : Meijer
Summer Shells Necklace : Anthropologie
Latigo Sandals : Anthropologie



No comments: