Monday, November 20, 2017

Meadowlands

 I've had this top since May, but haven't had a chance to blog about it until now. I dislike waiting that long, because I always try to include links to shop if you are interested. This is a "dupe" of the Free People Meadowlands tunic (pictured below for comparison) that retailed for $128. It is now sold out and is hard to come by on the secondhand markets (eBay, Poshmark, etc....).
Mine is from Steinmart, and the brand is Cha Cha Vente. Both the Free People and dupe came in several colors. On sale and with coupons I think I paid a little over $20 for mine. Steinmart is similar to a TJ Maxx and it's one of my Mom's favorite stores. When they opened one in Ann Arbor, I knew my Mom would want to check it out the next time she visited. During a visit in May, I actually took a day off of work so that we could go shopping with no time limits, no interruptions. It was a great day!!! I hadn't been in a Steinmart in quite some time, so I was surprised to see how many "look-a-likes" they had (case in point, my recent embroidered moto jacket post). They do also sell true Free People items and other well known brands for less.
This hi-lo top is unique in that it goes diagonal too. The eyelet trim is a fun detail too. This was an easy and comfy look for my recent weekend in Chicago..... and the tunic served double duty as a swimsuit cover up at the hotel! (I always forget something to go over my swimsuit to walk from our room to the pool.)
Cha Cha Vente Tunic : Steinmart
Mossimo High Rise Skinny Jeans : Target
Beaded Peacock Feather Necklace : made by me



No comments: