Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Get the Look for Less : Embroidered Moto Jacket

The "It" jacket of 2017 seemed to be the Blank NYC "As You Wish" floral embroidered moto jacket. That is, if you are like me and follow several bloggers, Pinterest, etc..... This jacket continues to sell out wherever it is carried, and stays at a steady $168 price point. I didn't have a moto jacket, even though they've been on trend for several years now. I guess I was waiting for a special one like this that also ties in the ever popular embroidery trend. Even though I said "trend" twice now, I personally think this piece is unique enough to withstand many years. I was almost, ALMOST, going to treat myself to the real deal at Younkers, where my reference photo comes from. But the Blank NYC brand runs very, very small and their largest size is a Large. Shame. So I consoled myself that I saved a bunch of money when it didn't fit. Besides Younkers, my quick search brought the jacket up at Bloomingdales, Urban Outfitters, and Zappos just to name a few if you are looking for the original. I had pretty much forgotten about it until I was recently at Kohl's and found a dupe in the Juniors section! The Candie's Floral Faux-Leather Moto Jacket is $35.19 with the additional 20% off code. Again, because it is Junior sizing it runs on the small size. I was thrilled to pick this bad boy up, and am glad the studded detail is more subtle in this version. It fits my "40 year old Mom" persona much better!
And because I LOVE sharing my deals/finds, I've also linked up 3 other places you can get this jacket for less! You're welcome. As you can see, what makes this recognizable is the shape, color, and placement of the embroidery. I am not sure what exact flower these are, but they are purple and pink and with a trailing type greenery. First up is Baccini from Steinmart for $39.99. The jacket style differs a bit, but most important about Steinmart is they also carry this jacket in plus sizes!!! Next is the version from Shein for $44. I have never ordered from this site so I can't give personal experience, but I like that there are a lot of promising reviews. Lastly is Francesca's for $58. If you're not seeing your size online, keep checking back for returns and don't be afraid to reach out to the stores themselves - most will be more than willing to track down something for you as they can search inventory in all their locations. My hope is to have an outfit post soon with the one I bought.... of course it looks great in these stock photos with jeans and a tank, but I am excited to try it over a plain maxi dress too!

No comments: