Saturday, August 26, 2017

Painted Rocks

 It sounds like the painted rock phenomenon is all over and not just in our part of Michigan? While I was taking photos for this post a few weeks ago, Richard found a painted rock which prompted us to paint our own. While we were out hiding them, and hunting for more, I took the opportunity to get some more blog photos in. Kill two birds with one stone..... ha, what a pun, right!
 Here's the rocks we painted to hide. The only one I really had a say in was the peacock feather. Carson wanted some pigs (his favorite animal) so I helped him with those. He also wanted a cake!
 I recently picked up this little swing tank on the Anthropologie buy/sell/trade board. The top part has some pretty embroidery, and I love how colorful it is.
 I actually took a break from my usual favorite brown sandals when I remembered I had these that would match the green in the top.


 We found three rocks, one of which was right up on the window shelf of the wall I am standing by. There are no set rules to this, but the general guidelines people follow is they re-hide what they find, paint their own to find, or just keep the ones they've found. There is a Facebook page to post on for our area, and it's been fun to follow as ours are found. I am sure there will be more rock painting, hiding and finding in our future!
 One September "Larkspur" Tank - Anthropologie via buy/sell/trade board
Mossimo Sandals - Target
Jessica Simpson Sunglasses - TJ Maxx


No comments: