Monday, June 8, 2015

Vacation Day

Last Friday, I had the day off. I had an appointment to get my hair done in the morning, before the kids and I set out to go to Wisconsin for the weekend. It was so relaxing to "recharge my batteries" for a few hours. I am a firm believer in Moms being able to get away every once in a while and do something for themselves. After all, happy Mom = happy family. 

I am loving this new salon I am going to. It is my only my second time there, but I know already it is a good fit. When we moved, I tried a different place for about 4 visits before realizing it was not working out. I LOVE the gal at this new place - we have the greatest conversations - and she is getting my hair back on track. An added perk, is there is the cutest cafe attached to the back. I planned to grab breakfast there Friday morning and it was wonderful!
 I picked the boys up from school and we got on the road. They did AWESOME on the trip. I have to admit, I was a little nervous about going alone with them for the first time. But we got there safe and sound and the return trip on Sunday was just as good.
 I was comfortable in this all day long! Jon and Richard got me this sweater for Christmas a few years ago, and I have to admit it's been one of those pieces that has stumped me. I was stuck in the mindset that it should be worn in the Winter. But just looking at the color and the breezy holes I can't believe it took me this long to see how perfect it is for Spring/Summer.
 Apt 9 sweater - Kohl's
white tank underneath
Hi Rise Jeggings - American Eagle
Mint sandals - Target (last summer)
Lucky Brand Necklace - Macy's

No comments: