Monday, December 17, 2012

Rich Tapestries

Here's my submission for the weekly reader outfits over at Effortless Anthropologie. As soon as I saw this top - the Modern Obi Pullover - I was immediately taken back about 12 years when I remember several stores selling jeans that had cuffs sew of the most beautiful patches of fabric. Anthropologie was probably one of them. Not being able to find a pair that fit or that I could afford, I bought my own fabric and took them to a seamstress to have my own favorite pair of jeans embellished (I do not know how to sew much more than a button).

I love tops like this...... an otherwise plain, basic tee is given special details - here, the attached Geisha like belt that is made from a variety of pretty patterned fabrics - which also gives it a peplum like look. The colors in this will give endless outfit possibilities. Like a good girl though, I waited until this went on sale at Anthro before purchasing.
I'm wearing it with my $3 consignment shop jeans, boots that were a gift from last year, and a necklace I made. The necklace features many types of fabrics as well so it was the natural choice for this top.



"Modern Obi Pullover" by A Common Thread - Anthropologie
Red Jeans - Consignment Shop
"Armandy" Boots by Bear Traps - Macy's
Necklace - made by me (original post here)

2 comments:

Racine Colleen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Peacock Fairy: aren't you just darling? Cousin Colleen

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are darling. You can rock anything. My own Anthro story is not going so well. Those fancy shoes I was coveting? They were out of stock but it took them a week to tell me. {Insert pouty face here}. I love seeing how you pretty yourself up! Enjoy the day. Erin