Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring into the Arts!

Last week, after celebrating my son's 1st birthday (which I will post about), I took the rest of the week off to have some creative time. It was wonderful! Spending every day in the studio with some tea and music...... I was preparing for a show that I did on Friday evening. Our city has an annual Spring into the Arts and also a Fall into the Arts. Many cities have similar events, though sometimes the first Friday of EVERY month, where you "hop" to different downtown businesses for art, music, food, etc.... I have been wanting to do this show for some time now, but always had a conflict. I was so happy to be a part of it with other artists from The Art Center of Battle Creek, at our usual location the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.

A while ago, I showed some projects I made (wall art) with some "printers drawers" from the scrapbook isle at Michael's. I'd wanted to try to use them as jewelry displays and this was my first chance to do so. Here is a tray full of earrings:
And a tray full of necklaces using Jade Scott's hot air balloon pendants. I was really excited about these because Battle Creek has a yearly balloon fest during the 4th of July, as well at the Nationals the end of August. Unfortunately, not a one sold. Hmmm, I'm going to have to find a way to connect with those balloon enthusiasts this summer.
Here's some pics of my tables. I kept my displays pretty simple, not bringing as many of my props as usual. However, the peacock suitcase made it's debut! The Foundation supplied the tables and chairs and that was a huge help! They like the artists to demonstrate as well, so the center of my table focused on cutting decorative tins when I had a spare moment. Which wasn't often as it was busy the entire time! It was great and I sold quite a bit.


1 comment:

Alice said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous pieces, and your booth looks lovely. I'm in the process of changing mine completely, but it does take time.

Have a great week!