Monday, June 14, 2010

Bead & Button!

Well, I am back from Bead & Button and I had a great time as usual. I met some new friends, connected with friends I already knew, and walked away with a great stash and lots of inspiration!

Here I am with Erin Prais-Hintz of TesoriTrovati. She was working at the Humblebeads booth and it was so great to meet her after being online friends for so long. She shared some purchases she had made, and was working on a beautiful necklace. We talked about one of the classes she took in etching, and I do hope she will blog about the new tools and technique she learned.
And here I am with Heather Powers herself. I am so glad she had her Humblebeads booth there! She's originally from Michigan, but came a long way from Texas for the show. I know she wants to get back to Lake Michigan someday though.
Here is what I scored at Humblebeads - a new branch tube bead, pretty egg, pinky/purple willow bead, and a couple of starfish pendants. Oh, and Erin shared those pretty mottled glass beads with me from her stash! How sweet of her!
I had a great time visiting with the dear Andrew Thornton at his family's booth Green Girl Studios. I now know the story behind his "I want that" posts, and will forever hear his voice saying that when I see them.
I was able to get a lot of the new goodies Green Girl is offering - new bird and fish clasps, kitty charm, floral charm. I was excited that they had some of the hollow glass beads (as featured in Cynthia's Enchanted Adornments book) and their new end caps that fit with them perfectly. I can't wait to fill mine up!
Of course some peacock dream pieces from ceramic artist Lisa Peters.
A polymer clay pendant from Heather Wynn. I am really itching to make some beachy jewelry inspired by my trip to Belize.
Some essentials from Bello Modo - brass wire and some new resin I am going to try that is ready to use (no 2 part mixing) and it cures in the sun/UV light.
How could I pass up this deal from Bead Liquidator LLC: 2 strands of Noreena Jasper for $20!
Their booth also had a table where I got 20 strands of beads for $30. The mustard yellow ones are called Liverstone and I got them, along with some Goldstone, to go with the Noreena Jasper. Also got some nice Labradorite in there.
So happy to find this peacock pendant at Clay River Designs with some matching beads.
I'm going to have to dig for a business card for this booth, but I got some dyed howlite, and some purple stones that remind me of aqua terra jasper. That rusty little bell just had to go home with me, and I have a project in mind for the peace sign beads.
Jill McKay had some really cool components that I couldn't pass up. A great little orb pendant to fill with special treasures. A cool magnetic clasp that is perfect for ending a piece made with leather or cotton cord. I plan to rivet a special component onto the leather bracelet, layered with the colored leather pieces - I hope it turns out how I picture it.
Gorgeous pearls from Talisman Associates. The golden ones are for the Noreena Jasper too, and the graduated color ones could really just be strung as is to make a striking necklace! Too good to pass up at buy one, get one.
I got these unique pieces from Melanie at Earthenwood Studio. We talked about some shows and classes that she is going to teach in the Detroit area. Hopefully, I will see her again soon!
And across the isle was her friend and traveling partner - another Detroit girl - Diane Hawkey. I got this skull and twig from her. I think the skull would look really cool with some ancient roman glass beads!
My only glass purchase this year was a couple of peacock beads from Chase Designs and a flower from Susan Sheehan.
Whew! What a day! I wish I could have gotten more pictures at the show, but my camera started acting up on me. I think it's time for a new one...... Anyway, I am full of ideas and busy getting ready for the Art Fair that I do every summer coming up on Saturday. I hope to turn some new pieces out by then using some of my new pretties!

6 comments:

Marie Cramp said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a great bunch of finds!! I am hoping that our little Canadian bead show coming up this weekend will be as good! Can't wait to see what you make!

Lorelei Eurto said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My jaw literally dropped when I just saw how much you paid for that Noreena Jasper. I am so jealous, had I known it was there I would have sent you $40 to get me a few strands of it. it's my favorite stone on the planet!! dang it. do they have a website????

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It was such a pleasure to meet you Heather! You are even sweeter in person, and so dang pretty!

I will share more about the etching that I did. And I know that you will be watching.

My car broke down on Saturday so I missed getting back in on Sunday. I wanted to talk more with Andrew and was waiting to buy from him and Melanie then. I think you got some great deals. I didn't get as many stones as I wanted or needed for my gallery exhibit, but I have the show book so I know where to look.

I hope our paths cross again. And I look forward to seeing what you make with these lovelies!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Silver Parrot said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Wow - you got some really great stuff and I am now extra jealous that I couldn't make it to the show!

Heather Powers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh my gosh Heather, I totally loved meeting you! I'm so glad you stopped by the booth. It's summer here, so of course I'm missing Michigan more than ever! Enjoy the beach for me. :)

Heather Powers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm such a dork, of course it's summer here - but summer in Texas is a another level of summer altogether! The words burning inferno come to mind.