Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rose Corner Inn

This past weekend, I went to a scrapbooking Bed & Breakfast - the Rose Corner Inn - in Hillsdale, MI.
Experience The Details…Attention to detail, that’s what sets Rose Corner Inn apart from the rest. Our 4,500 sq.ft. 150 year old Italianate home has been painstakingly restored to it’s original glory. Ceilings are surrounded by 12-inch deep hand carved plaster molding and crystal chandeliers glisten in both day and moon light. And it’s not just the details of our home—you will bask in the details of fine living such as luxurious linens with down comforters, 24 hour tea & coffee service, and scrumptious meals and treats.

My very dear friends and I had an excellent time! We were the only guests and we were doted on so sincerely. It was so relaxing and the fresh, homemade meals were to die for!
The wood work, stained glass, 3 fireplaces and built-ins in the home were amazing! It was interesting to hear about all the transformations the home went through over the years - at one time it had even been divided into 4 apartments!
Check out this Art Nouveau wallpaper in one of the bathrooms - it was even on the ceiling! But because of how high the ceilings were, it just worked and was not gaudy.
I got thirteen 12 x 12 pages done, and eight 8 x 8 pages done! It's hard to photograph scrapbook pages, but I tried anyway.

1 comment:

Marie Cramp said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I miss scrapbooking, I just don't have the room with all the jewelry stuff in my workshop. That might be why I have not updated my ther blog in so long. You might have to go check it out. Fun pages BTW

Marie
http://skyejewels.blogspot.com
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com