Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Happily Overwhelmed

Things are picking up, as they always do in the Spring. The next few months are always busy for us with Anniversaries, Richard's Birthday, Mother's Day, etc..... In addition to those "givens", I have travel for work, more home projects (painting and lighting), my own crafty projects, planning a baby shower, end of school year events, kids checkups......... Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed. Do you ever feel paralyzed when you are overwhelmed? Like you don't even know where to start so you just don't do anything at all? I am a Type A Virgo. I like plans. I like to manage the calendar. So when unexpected things get thrown my way, I get really frustrated! And unfortunately, it seems to be getting worse as I get older. I guess it's because as we evolve as a family, we get more and more set in our ways and our routines. Don't get me wrong, as the title of this post implies these are all good things! But, just, a lot.
With life being so busy, comfortable basics are a must! I got this striped t-shirt dress on clearance at Meijer last year for $7. It could easily pass as a LuLaRoe Carly! I realized that I have 4 different black and white striped dresses. And I love each one for different reasons. They are so versatile! I paired the black and white with earthy neutrals = olive green and brown. Somehow, it works. I didn't feel like washing my hair this day, but realized that was a mistake so I just pinned it up.
Dress - Meijer
Hei Hei Jacket - Anthropologie (buy/sell/trade board)
Braided Belt - off another striped dress
dv Jameson booties - Target
Jessica Simpson sunglasses - TJ Maxx
Peacock Feather Earrings - Lucky Brand





No comments: