Friday, November 7, 2014

Thanks for helping me grow....

Between the time of our move, and my last day of work, I was still keeping with my schedule of being in the office every other day. This meant that Richard could continue to go to the daycare he has been at since he was 3 months old on those days. I was glad that he (or I should say we) was able to "ease" out of being there instead of it just come to an abrupt stop since there is so much other transition in his life. I knew that I wanted to come up with a special "thank you" gift for the staff on his last day. However, there are no words or material things that can express the feelings of gratitude we have for these wonderful people! I cannot say enough good things about this center, and it has been one of the hardest things about our move. Richard has been so happy there - he has learned so much and made so many friends - I am friends with the teachers on Facebook and several of them have babysat for us (and continue to want to do so even with our distance). There is no denying how much they truly care for each and every child there.
 
I saw a few ideas with the theme of "thanks for helping me grow". To put my beading skills to use, I decided to make charms that could be attached to most anything: a necklace chain, zipper, purse, etc..... The only thing I needed to purchase was the little ruler charms. I had Richard pick out all of the beads from my stash and he had so much fun. He put everything he wanted into a container and then I had him select groups of 3 beads for each piece. Depending on the beads he picked, I changed my technique of how to wire/hang them from the clasps. It was great that he could be involved in the project, and now we just have to color up some cards for each of them to go on!



3 comments:

sandy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Heather thank you for your sweet words and for the thoughtful gifts! It has been a joy having your family and especially Richard be part of our family at NACC. We will miss you fiercely and will continue to hold you all in our hearts.

GnomeLover said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Those are amazing! I cannot even pick a favorite. I love them all. What a sweet wonderful gift from you and your son. I love that Richard picked out the beads. That makes it all the more special!

Jenni

Liana said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful, heartfelt gift.