Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Work of Art

I'm sure I don't need to tell you how wonderful it feels to get these surprise 60 to 70 degree days this early in Spring, knowing that there for sure will be one last snow or ice storm in March or April (perhaps even May)! Of course I am taking full advantage by busting out all of the dresses I've wanted to wear. When I saw this dress in an ad while scrolling social media, it certainly caught my eye, so I ordered it. The nature themed patchwork print looks like illustrations from a beautiful book! Gorgeous flowers and birds that are even more vibrant in person. You know I love TJ Maxx, but one thing about them is their store and website rarely have the same items. Meaning, if I buy something in person I can rarely link it. And trying to see something in person that is online is probably not going to happen.

This dress has billowy sleeves, an elasticized empire waist, and a button up neckline. It came with a matching sash to tie around the waist, but with the peak in front I did not care for that look and chose to let it be flowy! I will say though, this dress is sheer and does not come with a lining or slip, so you have to use your own. It is from Canadian designer Dalia MacPhee.

I layered some delicate necklaces with this, and am wearing my usual big sunglasses and favorite flats, both from Target (the perfect transitional shoe between booties and sandals)!

Mixed Print Maxi Dress - TJ Maxx


 

No comments: