Friday, March 19, 2021

End of Season Velvet - Denim & Sneakers

For my last velvet jogger look, I did the classic denim jacket and sneakers. This pink pair is different from the other two, as they have a gorgeous embroidery down the front in oatmeal and gold. I grabbed an oatmeal tank to match the embroidery, and then my shoes have various neutral tones with gold accents. When I bought my first pair of joggers last Fall (the peacock feather printed ones) I complained about having a hard time finding something other than my Birkenstocks to go with them for colder temps, as I have not been able to get into the fashion sneaker trend. Believe me, I bought several that I thought I liked in the store but then once I got home I decided to return them. Since they have pretty flat bottoms for the most part, and little to no padding around the foot, they were just not comfortable for me (rubbing on the back of my heel even with socks, and my toes feeling numb from no arch support). Then I found this slip on pair at TJ Maxx that felt great! If this star design looks familiar to you, it has trickled its way down to knockoffs the last few years from the popular Golden Goose brand which has a ridiculous average price of about $500! I got these for $29.99 and the brand is Vintage Havana. In doing a quick search for these online (as I usually do to find out the retail price) these are $125 at full price! Crazy! Here's the link to the joggers:

Rosie Embroidered Velvet Joggers - Anthropologie


 

 

No comments: