Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Moody Florals

I love a good moody floral, and this dress is amazing! Several years ago, I discovered BURU which is a woman owned fashion site. When I first shopped there, it was a collection of several mainstream designers. Since then, Morgan is now the sole designer of all of the clothes under their own label, all manufactured in the USA! She buys fabric in small quantities, so pieces are often limited editions. Being a Mom to three, all items are very friendly to "mom life" - comfortable, don't wrinkle, machine washable, nursing friendly (this dress buttons down the front) all while being super stylish. She is also very transparent on social media about her own mental health issues and bringing awareness/normalizing them. This is the kind of small business I love supporting!

Matching one of the many murals near me was just an added bonus on this gorgeous day! This dress is a pretty straight silhouette with a big ruffle on the bottom, so I opted for a belt. The black and white striped sleeves are a fun detail that you could match accessories to.



No comments: