Monday, March 8, 2021

This or That

Getting the most wear out of pieces is what it's all about for me, so I've been playing around with this statement skirt that I scored last Summer ($270 marked down to $40). Often when I first wear a piece, I go pretty simple (I first paired this skirt with a black tee) but then I want to get a little more daring. One of my favorite things to do with an elastic waist maxi skirt is to pull it up over the bust to make a strapless dress! I had a couple of jacket options to layer over it...... an Express denim number from almost 20 years ago that is deep purple with metallic accents, 2 things the skirt has..... and then a floral embroidered moto jacket whose flowers looked great with the floral print in the skirt. I can't decide which I like better.

I also like this metallic tank with it in skirt form, and am showing it untucked (since it has tiers that just flow into the ruffles of the skirt) and tucked.

And here's all the ways (that I can remember showing) wearing all of these different pieces. The moto jacket and jean jacket go great with a plain black maxi dress, or over a simple jean and tank combo. The ruffle skirt with a black tee for it's first wear. The metallic tank under dusters/kimonos that have gold details.
 

No comments: