Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Crop Top

 The crop top trend that came back a few years ago is not really for this Mom of 2 in her 40's. I've only ever worn this granny square sweater over dresses (see examples below). But, the older I get the less I care about rules - whether self imposed or society imposed. Here is a good example of a self imposed rule I always had for myself - don't wear open toe shoes until your toenails are painted. Well, it has been a few months of on and off open toe shoe wearing and as you can see my toenails are not painted. I'll get to them..... eventually.
 I am always looking for ways to "remix" the pieces in my closet, so my goal for this season is to wear this sweater with both black and blue jeans (just as I did it with a black and blue dress). I pulled out my highest rise black jeans today, and still took a jacket with me for breezy moments.
 Farm Rio Crochet Sweater : Anthropologie
Pilcro High Rise Flare Crop Jeans : Anthropologie
Seychelles Sandals : Anthropologie
St. Johns Bay Jacket : JC Penney
Sunglasses : Target




No comments: