Monday, April 22, 2019

Jumpsuit Newbie

 For the past few years I've been frustrated as I shopped and thought "Oh, that's a pretty dress" only to get up close and realize it was..... pants!?!?!? Anyone else feel the same way? If you've been following me for a while, you know I love patterned flowy pants. And I love a "one and done" dress. But a one piece pantsuit? Not to mention the tricky bathroom scenarios since you have to undress your whole top in order to go!
But, it seems that jumpsuits are here to stay for a while so I figured it was time to try one. It was this gorgeous print that sucked me in. As with many Old Navy prints, this butterfly motif comes in jumpsuits, dresses, blouses for both woman and girls with white, black and lavender backgrounds.  
Since I have loved butterflies for so long I had no shortage of necklace to choose, from when I used to make jewelry. I made this one when I was pregnant with Richard!
I went easy and threw on my usual cropped jean jacket, but as with any multi-colored prints the options are endless here. Many cardigans or jackets and I even thought to try a tee layered under sometime. You could make it look just like pants by putting a chambray button-up over it and knotting it at the waist. I'm also thinking about swapping the matching tie belt for my own belt which would break up the pattern a bit. As you can tell, I love coming up with lots of variety!
After boycotting jumpsuits for so long, the funny thing is I just bought another one AND it happens to be a butterfly print too! Stay tuned for that outfit, which REALLY tricks you into thinking it's a dress.
Jean Jacket : TJ Maxx
Leindo by Sechelles Sandals : Anthropologie
Necklace : made by me
Sunglasses : Target



No comments: