Saturday, June 16, 2018

R.I.P. Kate Spade

I treated myself to this Kate Spade bag about a year ago (see this post). Kate's entire peacock collection featured several clothing items including a dress and a blouse with this same peacock print. While I loved everything, I had to narrow down my purchase and this tote bag made the most sense for my lifestyle. When I noticed this peacock tee at Talbots, I knew it would match my bag pretty darn good! On sale for $39.99 with an extra 40% off, the price was much more affordable too! Trust me though, my purse rarely matches my outfit like this on a daily basis!
This sequin tee joins up with some old favorites - jeans, sandals and sunglasses that I've had for years and get a lot of wear!
I was very sad to hear of Kate Spade's suicide a few weeks ago. I wonder what will happen with her brand....... other designers who have passed have had their brand carried on so I hope that happens for Kate. I'm also interested to see what happens on the secondhand market for her pieces. I have already seen some insane prices on eBay.
Kate Spade Peacock Tote - Macy's
Mossimo High Rise Jeans / Sunglasses - Target
Sandals - Payless



No comments: