Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two New Pieces for EA Design Competition

I just entered these 2 new pieces for the Enchanted Adornments Design Competition. I had forgot to mention in last weeks post, that I was going to also enter the bracelet I made for Lorelei.

These 2 necklace have a beachy theme. I am going to list A Walk on the Beach on Etsy, but Beach Comber is going to my sister-in-law as a "thank you" for organizing our recent family trip which was the inspiration for all the "treasures" on the necklace.

A Walk on the Beach: The focal for this necklace consists of 2 metal wheels and a Humblebeads urchin. One wheel has a Green Girl seahorse wired to it, the other an ammonite from Tika. Polyester chain intwined with the pearls reminds me of fish nets. (Inspiration for this one came from Heather Powers of Humblebeads, as she quite often works a beach theme and uses these metal wheels in her designs.)
Beach Comber: A long necklace, to go over the head, with various treasures. A bottle of sand gathered from a beach in Sheboygan, WI. A Green Girls seahorse. Shells, button, chain and cotton cord. All things you might find while walking the beach.

3 comments:

Marie Cramp said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

How fun!! I love your style, so wonderful :)

Marie

Erin Siegel said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oooo...I LOVE the beachcomber necklace, Heather!

TesoriTrovati said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Really nice inspirations Heather!
By the way....you won my July giveaway! A copy of Your Eco Friendly Yard and a piece of jewelry will be yours. Contact me at enjoytheday[at]tesoritrovati[dot]com