Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting closer to the Edge.....

No, no, I'm not going to jump. :-)

Today, the Ford dealer will be calling me to let me know if they've located an Edge with the options I want. It is exciting and scary at the same time. I've had my current PT Cruiser for 6 years, and before that I owned 2 other PT Cruisers (I used to work for Chrysler). It is paid off and good on gas. I am comfortable with it as I've been in a relationship with PT's for about 10 years now. But, it will need about $2,000 in repairs in the near future (and probably more after that). I get stuck in the snow in the winter at least once or twice. And lately I feel like we are outgrowing it when Jon and I travel with our 2 small dogs and all of our "gear", especially when thinking about adding to the family in the future. We looked at/test drove about 5 other vehicles before deciding on the Edge.

So, in honor of my decision to add payments to my life again, I thought I'd show 2 Ford bracelets I made this weekend. My future sister-in-law requested I make her a bracelet with Fordite, and a bracelet with a key. She and my brother own several Mustangs, and are certainly Ford fans. I was excited about the bracelet challenge as all of my Fordite pieces so far have been necklaces. We selected the smallest Fordite cab I had and I wrapped it in filigree. Kaylan also requested I use leather, so I was able to find a way to weave it through the filigree. I then attached chain to each side and further wove the leather through it. It is finished with a button clasp. For the key bracelet, I drilled a hole at the end of the key so that it could be strung sideways. I used a swivel clasp on the larger side of the key, as it sort of reminded me of a key chain. A simple chain and tiny beaded strand make up the rest of the bracelet. These will look great together or separate! I hope Kaylan likes them! And I hope to be sporting my new ride by the end of the week!

No comments: