Friday, June 19, 2020

Under a Spell

This Summer, I am under a spell........ the spell that is BIKE SHORTS! Every trend comes around again - tie dye, chunky/platform shoes, slip dresses over tees, chokers, scrunchies, flare leg jeans - and now it seems bike shorts are back and not just for working out. When I first saw this I thought no way would I partake. No matter how hard I try, I haven't been a "shorts" person for years. Every Summer I still have hope though and drag shorts to the dressing room only to confirm that yep, I am not a shorts person. Oh how I would love a cute distressed denim pair and have even cut off jeans that are worn in and fit me well. Nope, I still don't like. So I don't know if it's the quarantine or what that made me do this. I figured it's pretty much just the short version of leggings, right? I have seriously LIVED in these since I bought them. Working or relaxing around the house? Perfect. Going outside with the kids or going on a walk? Perfect. Actually doing yoga? Perfect. Running to the store? Perfect. They are probably going to be hailed as my best purchase for the season! I wear an underwear version of these under all of my dresses anyway so I'm very used to the feel.
When I decided to look for these, I headed to the workout section. Even if I wasn't going to use them 100% of the time for that purpose, I wanted material that was not see through and that would stay put. I found this Gaiam pair and they are perfection (linking them from Kohl's and Steinmart below). My tips for wearing them is a flowy top that covers what you would want covered as if you were in leggings. Luckily, that is what I usually wear anyway so I am set with lots of options. For footwear, I am loving platform sandals (like this $5 off season pair from Meijer) or Birkenstocks. The other reason for the "spell" title is that this kimono is my first real Spell & the Gypsy piece that I got secondhand (after loving dupes for years). I am loving the crystals, feathers, and thunderheads on the print! A recent change I've made (due to numerous problems) is to get off of any medication 100%! I am off birth control and other prescriptions that I have been on that I felt were doing more harm than good. Because of that I've been researching many self care ideas that are natural as well as meditation. I even had a very informative spiritual reading recently. Don't knock it until you try it! Whew, I am a believer!
Gaiam Yoga Shorts : Steinmart

No comments: