Monday, October 15, 2018

Peacock Plaid, Pumpkins & Picking

Do you have traditions that you like to do for each season, and if you don't do them you feel disappointed? Our Octobers these past few years have been busy with many fun things, but we haven't been to an orchard/pumpkin farm in a long time. Around these parts they can get crazy busy on the weekends, it's chaotic, overpriced, etc..... So when the school PTO announced they were organizing a Mother/Son hayride we jumped at the chance to go. 
Alber's Orchard & Cider Mill in Manchester was so charming and the weather could not have been more beautiful! Lots of interesting history since they started in 1890..... they have 104 different types of apples! And it was really cool to hear about how they dismantle, repair, and rebuild the barns (which is why this pretty red one has the markings on it). The boys and I got donuts and cider upon arrival. We did the hayride and then explored to pick our pumpkin and bag of apples. I am so thankful my friend and her son were with us in the corn maze as it was no joke! Whew! 
I have a love/hate relationship with plaid, but when I saw this peacock colored beauty I decided it was love. It was the perfect piece for an outing like this. 
Last Winter, my two pairs of "bad weather" boots blew out on me. My rubber rain boots developed cracks where the foot bends, and the soles of my Ugg like snow boots fell off and would not stay back on with shoe goo. I'd had both pairs for at least 10 years so that's pretty good! So I hit up some end of season sales to replace them, leaning toward a duck boot style. I found these at American Eagle and thought they'd be perfect now that we're getting more active outside with the boys.
Tank, Jeans & Sunglasses - Target
Boots - American Eagle









No comments: