Saturday, September 8, 2018

Then and Now : Otomi

Popping in with another "then and now"..... this time with one of my all time favorite embroidery patterns : OTOMI!!! The collage above are my newer pieces and the collage below is from previous years. These new looks I am showing could not be more simple - really casual tops thrown on with jeans. That's it. These past looks have a little more oomph to them - especially the jacket I made with one of my thrift store panels (also made these pillows - man that was one of those thrift finds you remember forever).
First up is this Nanette Lepore peasant top. Nanette did an entire swimwear line with this embroidery this past Summer and this top was considered a cover up. The Isla Marietas collection was sold at many retailers - I ended up getting my top at Macy's. I am linking to some eBay listings here.


This past Wednesday was our last "hot" day (or at least I think it will be). Ugh, it was too hot for any jewelry and I feel like a sweaty mess here! This Johnny Was tank (eBay) and wide leg jeans (Loft) kept me as cool as could be though.


And........ a few days later there is a chill in the air so it was perfect to bust out this long sleeve henley! The otomi pattern is printed on this top by Relativity, an exclusive brand of the now bankrupt Younkers.



No comments: